How to troubleshoot a bouncing stacker
This article covers the recommended steps to troubleshoot a stacker that bounces up and down or makes small movements up and down while stacking.
⛔ This article excludes FlexStack models made after serial code DFF19401788.
Ⓘ NOTICE Only qualified personnel familiar with the construction and operation of this equipment and the hazards involved should install, adjust, operate, and/or service this machine. Read and understand the manual in its entirety before proceeding. Failure to observe this precaution could result in severe bodily injury or loss of life. By proceeding, you are indicating that you acknowledge and agree that Foltex USA is not responsible for any damage to property or persons while accessing and/or using this service.
Check that the air pressure at the main regulator is set to 6 bar.
- Unlock the regulator by pulling the regulating knob upward.
- Turn the regulating knob clockwise to increase the pressure or counterclockwise to decrease the pressure until the dial reads 6 bar.
🗈 Running production for several minutes may be necessary for the machine to adjust to the new pressure setting.
Check the setting of the stacker solenoid valve.
- Connect a pressure reading gauge to the adjustment screw located on the solenoid (Figure A).
🗈 The threads for this fitting are metric M5 (5mm). The fitting could become damaged if threaded with the wrong size.
- Turn the adjustment screw (Figure B) until the pressure reads 4 bar or 58 PSI.
🗈 The adjustment screw is very sensitive and should require minimal adjustments.
Check for significant air leaks.
- Listen for air leaks around air lines, fittings, and the lifting cylinder itself.
- Bring the stacker to its raised position and observe. If the stacker lowers by itself, there is likely an air leak that is allowing the stacker to fall as the air escapes.
- Find and fix the leak.
Replace the top piloted check valve (Figure C) located at the top of the lifting cylinder if none of the above troubleshooting steps are successful in eliminating the problem.
How to test the solenoid valve for the lifting stacker
The following article describes how to test the solenoid valve located on the lifting stacker. If you are able to follow the test in its entirety and air is only coming out of the hose when the dial is positioned as specified below, then the solenoid ...
How to test a linear encoder
Refer to the link below for instructions on how to test the linear encoder. Ⓘ NOTICE Only qualified personnel familiar with the construction and operation of this equipment and the hazards involved should install, adjust, operate, and/or service ...